Kids Are Getting COVID-19
- Many schools around the country are cautiously beginning to allow children to return to in-person classes.
- As children head back to school, parents may have questions about whether their families are at risk.
- Experts say kids can develop COVID-19, and there have been cases where they’ve transmitted it to adults.
- While it usually causes mild disease in children, it’s rarely fatal.
- One basic way to help protect children is to emphasize the importance of handwashing, physical (social) distancing, and mask wearing.
All data and statistics are based on publicly available data at the time of publication. Some information may be out of date.
With schools around the United States beginning to cautiously return their students to on-campus classes, many parents have questions.
They want to know whether their children will be prone to getting COVID-19.
In addition, there are concerns as to whether they might transmit it to their families, friends, and teachers.
Here’s what we currently know about COVID-19 and children.
Opportunity to get money at ufabet